Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dark Victory

For the record, I am glad Mulcair won in Outremont last night. I think he is a good man and will bring energy to the House of Commons on the environment. However, as far as the NDP winning, it doesn't touch me much. If the NDP is going to be just another party, blowing with every political wind, not standing for any principle that might cost it votes, then it might as well call itself the Liberal Party. People who know me, know that is the worst insult I could possibly utter.

Update: As for the Tory victory in Roberval, well there is not much new there either. Harper is merely following the tried and true Quebec nationalist formula of winning rural seats, (paraphrasing Jacques Parizeau) using "money and the non-ethnic vote".
Recommend this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment