Saturday, July 12, 2008

In For A Dollar

Chris Selley takes great umbrage at Rick Salutin's comparison of George Bush to Robert Mugabe:
In the Globe, Rick Salutin complains that Stephen Harper at the G8 summit “joined in piling onto Zimbabwe … for its ‘fraudulent election’ and ‘illegitimacy’” but “showed no sense of perspective: that the U.S. held a fraudulent election in 2000.” This is precisely why we don’t generally inflict him on Megapundit readers. For God’s sake, Mr. Salutin, you’re a grown man!
I don't know why, but Selley's remarks remind me of an old (and politically incorrect) joke, about a guy who is chatting up a woman he meets in a bar. He asks: "Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?" "Sure.", says the woman. "How about for twenty bucks?" "No, way. What kind of woman do you think I am?" "We have established that, my dear. Now we are just negotiating the price." I also know what kind of men Mr. Bush and Mr. Mugabe are and I find it touching that Selley would fight for George Bush's non-existent virtue.
Recommend this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment