Saturday, May 08, 2010

Where Have I Heard This Before?

Polly Toynbee in the Guardian:
If not now, when? For the first time the prize is within grasp. The people have spoken – and none of the above won. Radical reform to an electoral system that has fallen apart is at last on offer. The deadly duopoly between two moribund parties has broken. But will it be cobbled together again as if nothing had happened?
I won't get too excited about this. I have seen this movie far too often for that. I will just say that I hope electoral reform does come to the U.K. No one (except us) deserves a functioning electoral system more.
Recommend this Post

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing right now at Cameron, who seems to have managed to let government slip through his fingers.

    Amazing display of incompetence -- public opinion was waiting to be mobilized, and he failed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has been, I believe, his party's greatest fear about him.

    ReplyDelete